Transport Trailer Technician Licensed Inspector - Red Seal Certified
CA Edmonton Branch
At TIP Canada we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. If you want to join a growing company and enjoy working with great people – then come grow with us!
We are currently hiring a Red Seal Certified Transport Trailer Technician Inspector for our Edmonton Team. As a Trailer Technician Inspector you will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining, rebuilding, assembling and repairing transport trailers connected to, or moved by, a power unit. This includes flat decks, dry freight vans, refrigerated vans, chassis, converters, and any other commercial pull-type units.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Performs preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to manufacturers’ specs
- Write explanations of work performed, review work orders accurately.
- Charge out all parts used for the specific task
- Complete PM inspections according to industry and Company Standards
- Ensures trailer condition rating is accurate or reports about it if it isn’t to the Service Manager
- Ensures trailer physical characteristics are entered on the work order
- Sets aside and tags parts that have been identified for warranty by the Service Manager
- Reports damages, suspected chargebacks or additional work not stipulated on work order to the Service Manager
- On completion, verifies: Parts, VIN plate, sign, hubo reading, work performed, tire work,
potential damage, reefer/heater info engine hours, measurements tire and brake, retorque tag, sign off.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training and reading technical bulletins and
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Red Seal Certification
- Inspector experience as a Transport Technician
- Knowledge of Heavy Truck Garage safety principles and behaviours
- Experience in fabrication, welding, and/or tailgate repairs is an asset
- Basic knowledge of ABS diagnostic software
- Good written and oral communication
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to lift up to 85 pounds.
- Experience in body work, fabrication, and welding is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Above average pay package to above average employees
- Tool & Boot allowance and prescription safety glasses program
- Excellent pension plan
- Benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, & a healthcare spending account.
- Internal and external training opportunities
At TIP Canada we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. If you want to join a growing Company and enjoy working with great people – then come grow with us!
TIP Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Please inform us if you require accommodation during the selection process and we will work with you to meet your needs.